1. Take college prep classes beginning your freshman year in high school.
2. Carry a GPA of 3.0- 4.0 during your high school career – remember a higher GPA usually results
in early admission in the fall of your senior year or more scholarships available to you.
3. Fill out the FAFSA form when it opens on October 1 of each year. This requires you and your
parents’ income and tax information. The majority of colleges award financial aid on a first come
first serve basis. So do this early!!! REMEMBER – NO FAFSA – NO FINANCIAL AID FROM
COLLEGES – ALL EXPENSES PAID BY YOU!!!!
FAFSA website: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
5. Schedule visit to colleges early – summer of Junior and Senior years.
6. Look for local scholarships available through work, schools, community, church etc.
Ohio Public Universities:
Ohio Private Colleges: